Welcome to the newly relaunched Commandress! This week we’re sharing outfit ideas to illustrate each of our five new categories.
Yesterday we talked about Commandress’ roots as a professional style blog – and how we love to help people add color and interest to their work wardrobe.
Today’s topic is Workout Style – which is what I find myself wearing a lot more often now that I begin most of my days with a 30 minute walk to and from Bonnie’s school.
Some see the athleisure trend (i.e., wearing activewear anywhere and everywhere) as a scourge, but I see it as an opportunity.
If you’re going to wear workout clothes all the time, they might as well be comfortable, colorful and cute workout clothes!
And since activewear suits my current lifestyle, I’m delighted to have so many fantastic options and to choose from – why not add color and interest to my workout wardrobe too?
A Perfect Print Jacket by Zella
Here’s a Reversible Warrior Jacket by Zella (Nordstrom’s beloved private label athletic brand) that I’ve been drooling over since it was featured in the Anniversary Sale in August.
Now it’s 40% off ($88.80) and still available in all sizes. And the reviewers LOVE it!
My Workout Style – Purple & Teal
Today I’ve created a collage of workout clothes and gear in my two favorite colors: purple and teal.
And, yes! Pretty colors do make me feel more excited about exercising.
I’ve also found that sticking with a couple colors helps me get dressed – and out the door – even faster.
For starters, I’ve included the yoga top that’s currently on my wish list and two of my favorite exercise pants – all by Lucy:
- Lucy Fitness Fix Tank in a gorgeous northern lights print – $59 from Lucy
- Lucy Lotus Workout Pants (on the left) – these fit and feel like bootcut leggings – $89 from Zappos
- Lucy Everyday II Pants (on the right) – these fit and feel like modern performance sweatpants – $79 from Zappos
Great jackets are one of my favorite items that can crossover from exercise to everyday activities. From top to bottom, the collage includes:
- Sweaty Betty Track Ready Run Jacket in a fantastic oil slick print – on sale for $120 (regularly $160)
- Zella Slate St. Hoodie in Teal Enamel – $88 from Nordstrom; also available in Plus
- Zella Snowdrift Asymmetrical Zip Sweatshirt in Purple Heather – $98 from Nordstrom
Finally, it’s super easy to coordinate your running shoes and even your fitness tracker:
- Nike ‘Free Flyknit 5.0 TR’ Training Shoe in Purple/Black Glow – $130 from Nordstrom
- New Balance Women’s WL501 Core Pack Classic Running Shoe in Blue/Purple Suede – $64.95 from Amazon or Zappos
- Fitbit Charge Wireless Activity & Sleep Wristband Tracker in Slate – $129.95 from Amazon or Nordstrom
- UP2 by Jawbone Activity + Sleep Tracker in Turquoise Circle (Blue) – $99.99 from Amazon
Colorful Workout Clothes & Gear – Purple and Teal
Here are links to the items featured in today’s post!
Disclosure – this post includes affiliate links.