Today we’re excited to begin our series of Commandress Holiday Gift Guides – one of our favorite tasks of the year!
We’ve decided to be very specific this year and tackle some of the gift giving topics that have traditionally given us the most grief.
Like teenage boys, for example. I’ve always been delighted to consult with Amy on that topic since she’s been handling it for years! She’ll share her recommendations later this week. (Update – you can click here to see them!)
We’re starting today with a topic that’s near and dear to my heart: ten universally appealing and affordable items to have on hand just in case. Because without fail I end up needing them every year!
(Shown here: the Kate Spade Bella Bookshelf Thermal Mug for the book lovers on your list – $18 from Amazon with free shipping)
In theory, it’s easy to have chocolate and wine on hand as last minute gifts. But in practice, I usually get to it first. So I always use the holiday season to replenish and update my stash of non-edible last minute gifts.
And I love having a few different options squirreled away so I’ll have my pick of a gift that’s just right for any of the lovely women I encounter over the course of the holidays.
And here’s some big, exciting news: in addition to the text links that we’ve included below, you can now CLICK THROUGH any of the images below to quickly get to the exact items we’re recommending. Have fun!
- Pinrose ‘The Sampler’ Travel Fragrance Pack – 24 single dose perfume packets that are Made in the USA ($24; free shipping)
- Betsey Johnson Jeweled Beanie – $9.97 from Nordstrom Rack; also available in grey from Macy’s ($14.99; free shipping for $25+)
- L’Occitane Relaxing Lavender Voyage Kit – a perfect presentation of one of L’Occitane’s most delightful scents ($25; free shipping for orders of $25+)
- Kate Spade Bella Bookshelf Thermal Mug – practical and adorable! ($18; free shipping)
- Rifle Paper Co. Vintage Blossoms Notebook Set – also practical and very pretty; Made in the USA ($14; free shipping)
- Opal Soap Rock – continuing the theme of practical and pretty ($12.95; free shipping); also available in a 12 piece soap rock variety bundle ($44.95; free shipping)
- Voluspa Maison Holiday ‘Visions of Sugar Plum’ Two-Wick Candle – Made in the USA luxury candle ($16; free shipping)
- Aveda Comforting Tea Bags – caffeine-free and naturally sweet ($19; free shipping)
- Lilly Pulitzer Market Bag – lovely as a gift bag or a gift ($10; free shipping)
- The One Hundred: A Guide to the Pieces Every Stylish Woman Must Own by Nina Garcia – a pretty silver hardcover version of a modern classic ($17; free shipping)
More Commandress Gift Guides and Ideas
Need more great gift ideas? Don’t miss our recent Gift Guide posts:
- 11 Gift Ideas Under $25 for Teenage Boys
- Nine Scarves Under $35 Perfect for a Holiday Scarf Exchange
- Luxe Gifts on Sale for Under $50
- 100 Gift Ideas for Him
Please check out our shopping pages for:
You can also CLICK HERE to shop for more of our favorites and recommendations by category.
And please CLICK HERE to see a full listing of our favorite stores for online shopping.
Disclosure – this post includes affiliate links.
Shop the Post – 10 Last Minute Gift Ideas Under $25