Today we want to tell you about our new post categories – and how to find them!
What You’ll Find on Commandress
We give a lot of thought to our clothing purchases – and so do our readers. That’s why we’re committed to only feature items that we own – or wish that we owned! – on the blog.
And in the era of online shopping, it’s easy to get overwhelmed by so many choices.
For example, when was the last time you looked for a basic white top? These seemingly simple tasks can be surprisingly difficult!
Shown here: one of our favorite white tops – the Three Dots 3/4 Sleeve British Tee ($46 – Made in the USA) – which was featured in one of our most popular posts: a round-up of the best white tops under $75.
We think of Commandress as a curatorial blog. This means that we find and recommend only the very best clothes and accessories on the blog – and on our shopping pages – typically with pictures that are available from retailers.
Commandress isn’t a personal style blog. But, in the spirit of practicing what we preach, we occasionally share pictures of ourselves wearing the clothes we love (AKA, outfit posts). You’ll find these posts tagged How We Wear It.
Weekly Features – Our New Categories
We typically publish a new post once a day, Monday through Friday. We’ve divided our recommendations into five categories – one to share each weekday.
- Love your everyday style (Monday) – versatile clothes that you can wear for many of the things you do
- Love your work style (Tuesday) – a work-appropriate look you can get excited about – either for going to the office or just looking like you’re in charge of one
- Love your workout style (Wednesday) – stylish activewear for working out and hanging out (AKA, athleisure)
- Love your dressed up style (Thursday) – this is where you’ll find the major sparkles and other fun things for getting fancy
- Love your travel style (Friday) – easy to wear clothes and accessories for exploring new places
There’s some overlap, of course, but we’ve found it helpful to figure out your wardrobe needs based on how you spend most of your time.
Here are examples of what we have in mind for each of the five categories (shown clockwise from left) in a collage that we created for our own style inspiration:
Images courtesy of Nordstrom.
And here’s a screen shot that shows how you can use the navigation bar at the top of the website to easily view posts by category – such as our most recent posts for Love Your Workout Style.
We’re so excited to start helping you love the style that works for you!