I’m sure I’m not alone in feeling that one of the best words to describe the year 2012 is . . . complicated. One thing that I’ve thoroughly enjoyed this year has been turning a few late-night, whimsical, wouldn’t-it-be-fun-to conversations into Commandress – a Style Blog for the Professional, Smart & Chic.
To celebrate, I’ve used mysterious and unscientific methods to select my Top Ten Posts of 2012. I hope that you’ve enjoyed them as much as me!
(10) Commandress Office Holiday – Gift Recommendations from the Neiman Marcus + Target Collection – Full of great presents, but best remembered for the somewhat infamous Exhibit A.
(9) Smart, Chic & Made in the USA – Weekend Edition – Summer Sandals – Shoes are one of the greatest Made in the USA challenges, but summer sandals are a wonderful exception!
(8) Smart, Chic & Made in the USA – La Mer Collections Watches – A friend told me about these fantastic watches, which also happen to be Made in the USA.
(7) Commandress Color Week Fall 2012 – Six Purple Dresses to Wear to Work – I’ll also remember 2012 as the year that my love of purple became slightly obsessive. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. In fact, I recommend it.
(6) Smart, Chic & Made in the USA – Bullet Blues Babe Jeans & Lucille Top – A rare personal appearance – by my beloved dog, Bitsy.
(5) Dear Commandress – What Should I Wear for a Professional Headshot? – Oh, what fun! You can look forward to more regular installments of “Dear Commandress” in 2013.
(4) Smart, Chic & Made in the USA – Best Professional Dresses – David Meister – I fall in love with way too many dresses to buy all of them – this is one of the dresses that got away.
(3) Fashion Law Bootcamp – Day 8 – The grand finale of an amazing two weeks at Fordham’s Fashion Law Bootcamp.
(2) Best Office Dresses – Elie Tahari Sylvia Dress – My sentimental favorite. I still love my first Commandress post and – thanks to a great sale – I also love wearing this dress!
(1) Professional, Smart & Chic – How to Wear a Pointy Toe Flat – Including An Ode – My most popular post of 2012 by many measures. Fabulous shoe + a side of poetry = blog magic.
Holiday Bonus: Announcing the 2012 Commandress All Star!
Professional, Smart & Chic – Holiday Gift Ideas – Smart Touch Leather Gloves for Women & Men – These Fownes Brothers tech gloves are chic, beautiful, soft, warm and just a little magical. And now they’re on sale. Grab them while you can!
Disclosure: this post does not include affiliate links.